Friday, April 20, 2007

I Want One!



Strange isn't it, how as time passes, certain perceptions change. Take for example, this Toyota Space Cruiser circa 1987, possibly earlier. My auntie had one. She used to drive me up the Muswell Hill at 3:15pm to pick up my cousins who were at secondary school there. At that time primary school finished at 3:30pm so that doesnt quite work out does it? Well, I can explain that. I'd only get to ride shotgun in the bronzen Space Cuiser on the days I pulled a sickie. Cunning. The lengths I'd go to, to feel the warmth of the burgundy velour under my M&S beshorted, friction averse lower limbs... those were the days. But look at it now. 20 years on and this piece of far eastern automobilliery has come full circle. it's so retro it's cool. I can't help myself. I pass it almost everyday and everyday I look and admire. It's like making sure you sit on the right carriage of the tube in the morning so you can increase the likelihood of sitting opposite that chavvy tanned up, WAG like office chick. SOOO not your type, but there's something in the aesthetic that appeals, just a little something. Enough to merit the glance? Or do I REALLY want one? A Space Cruiser not a chav 'bird' of course!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home