Thursday, January 11, 2007

Ugly Betty BIG in 2007!



Trust me, I can see this blowing up. Among the many indicators, the first is that there are so many people (men, women, children to!) that will empathise and associate with the Betty character. I can see this program helping people. Helping people by easing the pressure in their drive to overcome their own insecurities and problematic issues in life. Look how big 'Sex in the City' was. Girls related to that, even though only a small portion had the Boutique Account lifestyle that SJP and crew so shallowly flaunted. With Ugly Betty, the depth of relativity is tenfold, if not one-hundred-fold as even those boutique chic ho's can surely empathise with the Betty character. For even they, the primly spruced and puckered, must have the odd battle with negative feelings of self belief and value. Even my own dear mother couldn't restrain a gentle whimper of sympathy as the credits rolled on Episode One, "Aww, I think I like Betty", referring to the character not the show as a whole, "I think I was an 'Ugly Betty'!". That's exactly what I'm talking about, 'been there, done that, know the feeling, it's sh@t, so allow me to feel good, for, where I stand today is a better place!'. Make sense?.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home